Saturday, June 26, 2010

Our New Life

Well, Dax is finally here, and it is amazing! The labor and delivery was easy-peasy...lucky me! We got to the hospital at 5:00 am on Monday, May 17, to be induced. The nurse started me on a low-drip of petosin, around 6 or 6:30 am to start the labor. After about an hour or so, the doctor came in and broke my water to really get things going. After my water broke, I finally started feeling the contractions. Not too bad yet. Then, the nurse upped my drip of petosin, and I started to get a little uncomfortable. I made it to 5 cm dilation before I decided to get the epidural. Once I got the epidural, we had Dax in our arms after about an hour! It was so fast, and I didn't feel a thing! He weighed 7 lbs, 13 oz, and was 20 1/2 inches long. He is just perfect! Over the past 5 weeks, he has basically just been eating, sleeping, pooping, and peeing! Josh and I pretty much spend our days and nights staring at him, holding him, cooing and making funny faces! We are loving every minute of it! He is still not sleeping much throughout the night, but I know that will eventually change. By the time we left the hospital, Dax had dropped down to 7 lbs, 4 oz. At his first doctors appointment 2 days later, he was up to 7 lbs 7oz. We went back 2 weeks later, and he weighed 9 lbs even, and was 21 3/4 inches long. At our next appointment, 2 weeks later, he weighed 10 lbs, 8 oz, and was 22 1/2 inches. Needless to say, he is growing like a weed, and is going to be a big baby!!! He is 5 1/2 weeks old, and we already have him in 3-6 month clothing! We are so lucky to have such a healthy, happy baby! He has a very strong neck, and holds his head up pretty well when you hold him up on your shoulder, and when he is on his tummy. Just today, he has really started focusing on our faces for long periods of time! It is such a wonderful feeling to see him focus on your face and to watch him take in the world around him!

No comments:

Post a Comment