Sunday, April 25, 2010

36 Weeks!!!

We are now at 36 weeks! On Friday, at the Dr., Dr. Christine was not getting a very good reading of Dax's heartrate. She sent me down to Labor and Delivery so that I could be monitored more closely and she could get a good hour-long reading on his heartrate. I, of course, was worried, because Josh wasn't able to make it to this appointment since he was driving to Tupelo, Mississippi for work. Dr. Christine said that the worst-case scenario would be an emergency c-section, if the baby was in distress! Aaahhhhh! I calmly called Josh to let him know what was going on. He said he'd be there in 1 1/2 hours. They wheeled me down to the labor floor, and strapped me up to a couple of monitors. Fortunately, Dax's heartrate was just perfect, but apparently, I was contracting like crazy! Didn't feel a thing, though. They monitored me for about an hour and a half, and the whole time, I was having one contraction after the other! I couldn't believe it. My mom was the same way...never knew she was contracting, even when she was in actual labor! Hopefully I am taking after her! Anyways, all is well! They sent me home and said to call them if the contractions get painful, or if my water breaks. Josh got there just as they were releasing me, and we went out and had a wonderful lunch together at Jackson's! Yum! We'll see what happens...I was born on a full moon, and there is going to be a full moon this Wednesday! Still feeling great!!! We can't wait to meet the little guy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment